Lawford Lads and Lawford Junior came together in 2015 to form one club, Lawford Football Club. Based at School Lane in Lawford, our new club offers outstanding facilities including award winning pitches and a modern club house. The Senior section fields two Men’s teams and a Ladies team. Our current membership comprises youth and junior teams with boys and girls between the ages of 6 to 18 from the many surrounding villages.
Founded in 1949, Lawford Lads moved to our current site in School Lane in 1967. In this time they have been an integral part of the history of Lawford, with many locals who are ex players continuing to support the club today. They achieved FA Adult Charter Club status in 2009.
Established in 1979, Lawford Junior has grown from small beginnings into a thriving club. The club achieved FA Charter Status in 2006 and won many accolades for its achievements and continues to provide a solid foundation to play football for all junior players, regardless of age or ability.
THE JOHN LYALL PAVILION
For many years the football clubs had played out of an old wooden pavilion. While this had served us well, it needed to be brought up to modern standards. It was decided that this wasn’t practical and a fund raising and grant funding operation was put into place to try to build a new pavilion. Following many years of hard work by countless volunteers and individuals, the funding target of £590,000 was achieved in late 2010. Construction began in January 2011, leading to completion and an official opening day in September 2011, the guest of honour was Sir Trevor Brooking CBE. The John Lyall Pavilion provides a fantastic, modern and safe facility that will serve future generations of Lawford footballers for many years to come.